A Family Setting of Thanks.
A time to give thanks, but also a time to listen, share, laugh and feast. Each year, my role at Thanksgiving, is to bring the table to life. To make it a festive place to sit amongst while we spend precious moments with our loved ones.
My mother-in-law purchase some lovely cloth napkins years ago for this occasion and I've been able to create a new design every year. This year, I have a bit more time to spend on preparations. So, I scoured Pinterest for some new ideas. And after much thought and shopping, I have come up with the 2020 Thanksgiving table scape. We have 22 guests this year. I've included a close up of the paper & ribbon napkin "rings".
I always do a run through in my studio before the actual presentation:
Here is the actual event, a well received gathering by all!
Items I used to create this golden setting:
- Gold lanterns with firefly lights inside (Amazon)
- Eucalyptus garland (Amazon)
- Golden plates & plasticware (Amazon)
- Orange, Navy & floral patterned cloth napkins
- Aged gold ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
- Matching scrapbook paper (Hobby Lobby)
- Wheat (local grocery floral dept.)
- Golden vases (Michaels)
- Flameless candles (Amazon)
- Clear stickers with family sayings (Hobby Lobby)
Thanks for stopping by & Happy Thanksgiving!